3 Things to Consider When Planning a Mommy Makeover Surgery in Louisville, KY
Mommy makeover surgery in Louisville, KY can restore your confidence if you have problems with your appearance after pregnancy. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Chet Mays has helped countless women through body contouring procedures like liposuction, tummy tuck surgery, and breast augmentation. Body contouring simply means sculpting the body to create a more aesthetically pleasing look.
Mays Plastic Surgery & Med Spa believes in preparing patients for their procedures from start to finish, so we put together a list of three things to keep in mind when planning a mommy makeover. Read below or call now to schedule a consultation for surgery.
1. What are your cosmetic goals?
The first step is to understand what you want to achieve with a mommy makeover. Some women have specific goals like excess skin removal around the stomach, while others want a more comprehensive transformation. Dr. Mays may perform one or a combination of procedures to reach your desired results, including:
- Tummy tuck surgery: Removes loose skin and fat around the stomach for a more toned appearance.
- Liposuction: Targets problem areas like the flanks and lower back to slim down and reshape the body.
- Breast augmentation: Increases breast size and restores lost volume after pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Nonsurgical treatments: Surface imperfections like stretch marks do not require surgery but can be improved. Our team offers laser treatments and injectables for smoother skin.
2. When is the right time for a mommy makeover?
We recommend waiting until you are finished having children before considering mommy makeover surgery in Louisville. This is because future pregnancies may reverse your results and leave you back where you started. Recently pregnant women should also wait until they are done breastfeeding before going under the knife.
Because many body contouring procedures can be done at the same time, recovery time for a mommy makeover does require a day-long stay at the hospital and bed rest for several weeks. During this time, you should not participate in exercise or strenuous activities. In fact, you will need help at home with tasks like childcare and household chores. Try to plan surgery around a time when you can take it easy and won't have too many responsibilities.
3. How do I prepare for a mommy makeover?
Patients should be in good health prior to any surgery, and a mommy makeover is no different. During a consultation, Dr. Mays will evaluate your health and take a medical history to ensure your candidacy. We also check for risk factors that could complicate surgery or recovery.
To get ready for a mommy makeover, we recommend:
- Quit smoking at least six weeks before surgery. Smoking decreases blood flow and can lead to complications like infection.
- Avoid taking medications like blood thinners since they increase your risk of bleeding during surgery.
- Eat a healthy diet in the weeks leading up to your procedure. We want to ensure your body is in top condition for recovery.
Restore your body with a mommy makeover
Mommy makeover surgery in Louisville, KY can restore your pre-pregnancy body, but it's important to understand the level of commitment involved. Dr. Chet Mays knows how to provide safe and successful results after pregnancy. Call Mays Plastic Surgery & Med Spa to schedule a body contouring consultation and see why we are one of the leading providers of mommy makeovers in the area.