Dermal Fillers in Louisville, KY
Ready to get started?Contact Us
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are often injected to replace lost facial volume, which occurs for a variety of reasons, however significant weight loss and age are commonly to blame. Liquid dermal fillers work beneath the skin to fill in areas lacking volume or smooth sagging skin, wrinkles, and fine lines. Injectable fillers are an excellent, non-surgical option for men and women who want a more youthful appearance. There are many different types of fillers that can help meet the goals and desires of each individual. At Mays Plastic Surgery & Med Spa, we carry the following formulas:
- RHA® Collection line of hyaluronic fillers addresses wrinkles and fine lines on the face and neck and reintroduces elasticity and youthfulness into your appearance.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC and Ultra XC add shape to the upper or lower lip while also improving the appearance of fine, vertical lines on the lips. The results typically are visible for up to one year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC augments the contour of the cheeks to treat volume lost with age in the mid-face.
- Restylane® fills in facial folds and wrinkles.
- Restylane Defyne fills in moderate to severe smile and laugh lines.
- Restylane Kysse boosts the size and contour of the lips.
- Restylane Lyft adds volume and lift in the mid-face.
- Restylane Refyne treats fine to moderate smile and laugh wrinkles.
- Restylane Contour treats facial volume loss by adding volume to the cheeks
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is different from topical treatments and other facial fillers because it works with your body to help revitalize collagen production. This natural substance gives your skin resiliency, elasticity, and shape. As a poly-L-lactic acid collagen stimulator, Sculptra works with your body within the deep dermis rather than topically to help restore your skin’s inner structure and volume. Results usually last as long as two years.
- RADIESSE® and RADIESSE® (+) are dermal fillers that are used for smoothing moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (the creases that extend from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth). RADIESSE® is also used for correcting volume loss in the back of the hands.
- Kybella® is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells on the treatment area under the chin to improve your profile. Submental fullness is a gathering of excess fat beneath the chin, commonly known as “double chin.” It can be something you’ve had your whole life due to genetics or start to appear as you get older or if you gain weight.
To find out which products we can recommend for you, schedule a consultation at our Louisville, KY office where we can help you learn more.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Injected under the skin rather than into muscles, dermal fillers deliver a concentration that can temporarily plump cheeks, under the eyes, and other hollow areas in the face that come with age. When it's time for the procedure, we will use numbing cream as a local anesthetic to make the injections as pain-free as possible. Injectable fillers are done as an in-office procedure in a very short amount of time. Because of the anesthetic, the process is usually very tolerable and does not require downtime. You should expect bruising and swelling immediately after, but these symptoms should fade away within a few short days. Typical results can last from three months to a year, depending on the product and placement of the injection. Touch-ups may be needed to maintain results.
Dermal Fillers Reviews
The most amazing plastic surgeon!! I’ve seen his work first hand when working with him. From plastic surgery to injectables ! He is a genuine person and makes sure to provide personal attention and care towards whatever you’re interested in. He won’t ever push you to do anything and will provide education/professional opinion. Overall incredible person to guide you or give knowledge.
Great experience! The nurse injector, Trina, has been injecting me for some time now. She still always takes the time to assess me and address any concerns or questions I have at each appointment. I never feel rushed or like I am not being listened to. I recommend Trina to anyone who has an interest in injectables. She is very knowledgeable and will work with you to figure out which options best suit your needs.
Dr Mays has been my trusted Surgeon for years now, and has helped me love my body again after motherhood! His staff is amazingly helpful, kind, and professional. Not only do I trust him with my surgical procedures and injectables, but his office is now my Go-to for skincare! I received a facial from Ashley, and after many years of facials at other locations, I can honestly say that she has provided the best one I have ever had! She was incredibly helpful with product knowledge, paired the facial to my exact skin needs, and made it a wonderful experience. I look forward to getting many from her in the future!
Trina was amazing ! She listened to what I wanted and I got the exact results I wanted. The entire staff was great.
I have had two great experiences now with both Dr.Mays and Trina. I was a little timid to get tear trough filler and knew I wanted someone with great experience to do that. Dr. Mays was a perfect fit. Trina was my second visit and I am so glad I chose to visit her for my JTox. She was beyond amazing from start to finish. Easy to talk to, she gave me suggestions (which I love getting from the pros because I dont always know exactly what I want to do), and then educated me. I was so thankful that I was in his and her care and I will definitely be recommending them for anyone needed injections or fillers.
Get In Touch
Get Rid of Wrinkles Today
Injectable fillers may be the perfect nonsurgical solution to achieve younger-looking, voluminous skin. There are many different products available that can give you the results you desire. For more information or to book a consultation, call our expert team at Mays Plastic Surgery & Med Spa in Louisville, KY to take a step toward a more refined look.